May 20, 2019（Mon）〜June 16, 2019（Sun）
Aguri Uchida: Incarnated Painting as Inselberg
Aguri Uchida’s works embody new possibilities for Nihonga (Japanese painting) while exploring the meaning of human existence. This exhibition reveals her enthusiasm for painting the human body, mainly through new works, as a monolith in gallery space. It includes representational images filled with human emotions from the artist’s early period, works from around the year 2000 that embody an almost corporeal reality through abstract expression per se, and recent large-scale works that give out an overwhelming presence in the spaces in which they appear.
- May 20, 2019（Mon）-June 16, 2019（Sun）
- 10:00-18:00（Saturday and special opening day 10:00am – 5:00pm）
- Sundays, national holidays
- Musashino Art University Museum Gallery 3・4, Atrium2
- Musashino Art University Museum & Library